Monday 21 April 2014

Easter

So over Easter I received my video for me to rotoscope. It wasn't as good quality as I was expecting as it had a fair amount of camera wobble but hopefully its not too noticable. I then imported each little clip into photoshop and began the rotoscoping process. I enjoyed this to start with but after animating about 10 seconds I was beginning to loose hope with it. It takes so long! I was working at about 4 hours work for 1 second of animation! so to animate 2 seconds a day which was my target I had to be working 8 hour days. This isn't too bad it's just finding the motivation to work that long when your supposed to be on holiday and it's lovely weather outside! 
Anyway, I cracked on with it and I got at least half done by the time Easter was over. I was ready for it to just be finished by then. 
I do like the idea of rotoscoping and the effect it gives however...boy does it take a long time to do! Maybe I will only use this method for shorter peices next time! Or less frames per second! 
Another issue I had was that my tablet was not working so well with my laptop making the lines not as smooth and slowing down my computer meaning I couldn't play through my timeline like you normally would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment