Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bat flight test

So looks like a bat flying is almost like our backstroke except not upside down or in water....

I think it is not nessessarry to look exactly like this especially how the bones move and stuff as my bats hands fit differently but i will try get this kind of movement. I have also noticed that the feet move with the wings, this seems kind of crucial to staying in the air so i will try and incorporate this but we will see how it looks.

From this I have made a test of my bat flying. I have just done keyframes so far as it is just a test and i think it works well enough for that like this but for the real one i will add more frames in. This took me about 2 and a half hours which isn't bad but adding in betweens would probably make it about 6 hours at a guess. 
I think I will actually animate this in one place and use after effects to make it move across screen that might be best. Although it works fine as it is and you just have to duplicate the frames so I'm not really sure what would be easier? I think it will depend on context.


No comments:

Post a Comment