Friday 10 October 2014

My first Maya lesson

MAYA IS SO FUN:D But frustrating too! Today we were given our brief which is to use a given character, pick some song lyrics and make the character perform them. 
So then we were given our character 'moon' and got told how to use maya! There or so many things to remember I think alot of practice is needed so they become second nature. I love how you can change his face I thought it would be alot more complicated.



Here i am showing how you get to change the face, the red circle is where you click to get to the screen i'm on here you click that butten then go to the blue circle and use the drop down menu and go to the _________, the green circle is how to get back to the image above. the top left image has all the controls on it and when you move each bit it changes the image on the right so you can see what changes your making.

I decided I liked moving the face around so much I went a bit over board and made him look drunk so I altered his body accordingly. This was a bit more difficult as I am still getting used to the control and also you have to pan around the guy so you know things are in the right position because i realised even though I thought I was moving the body forward I actually wasn't! 

Then I decided to try and animate using the timeline at the bottom and the keyframes. I love how it does your in betweens for you! I think I'm going to really enjoy this project I cant wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment