Sunday 10 May 2015

DVD box

Im still not set on a design so I'm having a play!! with colours and different images. I also researched what needs to be on the box and realised i needed the age rating, I have decided on pg and in the second image, its says "suitable for general viewing but some scenes may be unsuitable for younger children. A pg film should not disturb a child age 8 or older" and i think the scene where it says the oil gets slaughtered to make bacon would be disturbing to a 4 year old which is the starting age for a U.  


























Here are a few of my colour choices for having the pig on the front. Red stands out well but I have never been a fan of red and pink together. Also it says to be blood and danger and thats not really what my animation is about.
I like the turquoise one but i think that is just because I like the colour. The green says healthy and food etc so i still like that. I feel it looks more like a children's book than a dvd cover though with plain backgrounds. I also need to put the rating description on the back.







I also tried using a gradient preset and I think this looks quite good as it looks more like a DVD than a book. I also made the pig have a worried expression on his face. It makes him look less cute though so I may have to edit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment