Thursday 14 May 2015

Evaluation

This project has certainly been a challenge. I decided to work on my own as I wanted to try a hybrid of animation and a lot of people were doing stop motion and i didn't want to. This gave me a lot of work to do all by myself. The good thing about this was I didn't have to arrange with everyone when and how to do things. The bad thing was that I didn't have anyone to bounce ideas off of and delegate tasks to if someone was better at it. I could work when i like on what I like and not feel bad. I do think having a partner or group would've improved my animation in hindsight. 
This project was also difficult in that I was learning new techniques and it was all a bit confusing for a while. I learnt how to make 2D images move through 3D space using maya. I had not thought of this technique before, I thought maya was just for 3D things. It was tough to get my head around what needed doing as i didn't do things in chronological order. I think i should have done that to make it easier but i couldn't because there were things i didn't know how to do.
I think the part i enjoyed the most on this project was actually creating the assets. I really enjoy animating the pig too. 
The way i tackled the audience was by making things very clear both visually and verbally so it is easy to understand for both children and adults. This way it can be used as a teaching method or just something to explain for personal use at any age. I believe the tone of voice is clear yet not patronising. 
I think if i were to do this module again I actually would've chosen something a bit more fun to work on like Cara, Rebecca and Annas one as i think it would have kept my attention more and made me want to work on it whereas i got quite bored with this one. I am happy with how it turned out in the end but i feel it is not my best work and I think its the idea that is holding it back. 
I also would've worked in a team so i could concentrate on a specific skill and we could have made everything to a better standard.


No comments:

Post a Comment