Sunday 10 May 2015

DVD cover research

 I quite like how in this DVD cover the front and back are linked together with nice bright colour and lines. I have noticed that there is a main image on the front and then 2 more images on the back to show what else is in the dvd. It all flows very nicely and I would quite like to do that with mine.





I  was thinking about using an image of the kitchen to spread across the whole thing but actually after seeing this I'm not so sure. This is a beautiful image so it works better but they have ruined it with the use of type I think. The two typefaces do not go together in my opinion and they just detract from the beautiful imagery. Type is definitely something I will have to take time to consider.


I quite like this cover. It's very simple and looks nice and clean. The spine where the title goes to see it on shelves is very clear unlike the previous one. There is also an extra image on the back of this one to show part of the film action. I very much like this but I don't think black and white would suit my film.






In hunger games, the main characters are on the front. The title on this isn't actually that clear but i think people just recognise it for the characters. I think it is important to have a clear title though. Again on the back there is some stills from the movie.







I also started looking at animated film covers. Wall E uses the more photographic scenes and has the main character on the front. It doesn't have the same image going through the whole thing but they do blend well together. On the back again we have extra images that show more about the story.

 In Darias box set cover it is very simple which suits the style of animation. it is very much like a comic book like on the back with the comic strip style images. It is very clear and again concentrates on the main character on the front.
 In toy story 2 the characters are again at the forefront of it all with very clear titles on the spine and the front with a shot from the movie on the back. The way the image on the front is it shows the mood of the film like its very fun and a bit silly.






Overall from this research I have learnt that the general dvd boxes have the main character/s on the front (which could be a problem as I don't really have any) , a clear title both on the spine and the front, and stills from the movie on the back. I want my box to look clean and simple with nice type and looks appealing so people want to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment