Monday 4 May 2015

Farmer

I spoke to Mat on Friday to have a refresher of how to make my assets move around the kitchen using maya. This time he showed me how to animate it along a path and how I can make it go around a corner. He also showed me a way that I can use a locator tool and parent my tractor to it meaning I could just add in whichever asset I want in place of the tractor and they'll all move the same way without having to re do it every time. I am a bit nervous about getting round to doing this for real but I think it will definitely be worth it as it will cut my animating time down by a lot which I need as there is only 2 weeks left until the deadline. I also really hope I have enough time to add shadows and reflections but I feel like I won't unless they are really quick to do.

Today I did a walk cycle for the farmer so he can walk around the table tops too.  I am quite pleased about how he walks but after I finished animating I realised i hadn't set the frame rate to 24fps now I am worried that this won't work with my animation but I'm hoping it will be okay. If not I think I will just copy all the frames over into the correct timeline frame rate. I will cross this bridge if it becomes a problem but at least I am aware that this problem could arise and I can look out for it.
Here is my little animation:

No comments:

Post a Comment