Wednesday 9 October 2013

OUAN403-Animation Skills-Explore

Flip Books

I had never made a flip book before Mondays lesson. It. Was. AWESOME :D woooh go flip books! I really enjoyed it and could have sat there for ages doing them! I really want to improve my flippin' skills and do really good drawings that work with it! Can't wait to explore. When Mike first looked at my first attempt at the bouncing ball, he told me it need to be faster- so less frames- this worked really well and gave it more energy! I think it was cool how it looked so life like with the squashing and stretching effect we learnt. It's really clever how you wouldn't think to make the ball the wrong shape but actually this gives it movement and it does actually change while its bouncing your eyes just cant catch it cause its so fast.
This was included in the 12 principles of animation that Frank Thompson and Ollie Johnston from Disney created in the 1930's. You can see this Here.
Or for something a little more visual I found this which is pretty fun.



I found these principles very interesting and useful and I can definitely see how using these in my work will help to give it life.

No comments:

Post a Comment