Wednesday 9 October 2013

OUAN403-Animation Skills- Identify

Bradford Media Museum

So on Thursday we went to the media museum in Bradford. I've been a few times before and thought it was alright. This time I went I actually got to see the animation stuff (my course last year weren't bothered about it) and everyone joined in and was really fun and I think there were some new things there! So yeah I really enjoyed it this time round and found it a very worthwhile trip! I liked seeing where gaming started and how far it has come, I liked seeing the story boards and how they put the cell with colour on it over the top, I had no idea that's how it was done and I really like it! There was lots of models from the actual animations which was pretty cool to see! I also saw this one part called 'The astronomers sun'. I'd never heard of it before but I fell in love with the model, it was so intriguing, I cant quite put my finger on what it was about it. Possibly the expression on the little mans face, mixed with the moody lighting. Anyway, it inspired me and I watched it when I got home. It's such a  nice stop frame animation, and very emotional. I think this animation was supposed to make you feel for the guy left at the end which it does!!  If you haven't watched it, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment