Tuesday 3 February 2015

chosen briefs

I decided to choose D&AD briefs for this project as apposed to YCN as the YCN ones really didn't inspire me much last time and they haven't got any new ones.
Brief 1:
WWF
I chose this brief because it has the opportunity to do an animation. I instantly had some ideas for this and I think that is really important when choosing a brief. It shows that it has inspired you. I also think that it has some miles in it as there is a lot of things you could do for this brief as it wants you to engage with the 'always on' generation so that means a lot of online presence which could include apps and games and TV ads and online posters with links to videos and information. I think its a really flexible brief with a lot of room for creativity. 
I also think this brief would give me opportunity to work with an illustration student as I think it potentially has the opportunity to draw a lot of animals. Of course I wouldn't have to go down this route, i could do more like an info graphic type of animation but I think the animals might draw in peoples attention and make people think more about the effect on them.

Brief 2:
Npower
I chose this brief because I quite liked the idea of designing an app or something that could help to 'demystify' household energy. I thought of an app because I think that would be quite useful and apple are always saying 'theres an app for that' of course it would have to work on all smart phones. My idea was to have something that would show you how much energy you are using, where it is going and how you can change how much your using like by turning the lights off in rooms your not using etc. I thought this would be nice as I have done graphic design and web design before but never thought of designing an app before so i could possibly transfer my skills. I quite like thinking about how the audience would use my product and how interactive and useable it would be and what would need to link to what and what would be helpful and what would just be clutter.

Brief 3:
John Lewis
I chose this brief because I thought it looked quite interesting to redesign the packaging. I quite like John Lewis's christmas adverts and the feeling they give you and I thought i could maybe integrate that feeling into the design of the packaging. I don't quite understand how you get packaging for online purchases though. I am thinking it is what it is delivered to your home in. I think i would quite like to do some packaging design as it has been a long while since I did any but I did really enjoy thinking about the logistics of how it would fit together and how protective it would be of the item inside and how you would need different sizes etc. This means that the project as miles in it as theres lots you could think about doing, not only the design but the range as well. It also wants the excitement and engagement of if you went in store and got it so I was thinking of having friendly messages saying your package has been ordered and you can track it etc. then theres a note in or on the box saying along the lines of they hope your satisfied and all the information like returns policy etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment