Monday 23 February 2015

test 2 responsive

Today I went to and After effects lesson and i came away with what i think is a better way of doing our WWF animation. Before, my technique was to draw out the whole thing and then frame by frame use the eraser tool and make it look like its been drawn on photoshop using the video timeline. However this new way I believe will be more than twice as fast and so much simpler. Its on after effects. There is a brush tool which allows you to draw free hand, then down on the bottom right, there is a 'write on' option and basically this puts your brush strokes on a timeline so just records what you have just drawn! so it does what i was trying to do without all the erasing and frame by frame nonsense! I am so glad I found this I think it is going to make this project a million times easier! I do however need to figure out how to get an image that I can trace over so I get nice clean images that are how they are supposed to look for example, to make them look like Aggies drawings. Im sure I can just go down to the AV suite and ask Matt for a hand on that though. 
Im quite excited now! here is just a very simple test animation so show the result that I made in literally 5 minutes as apposed to the hours that the previous one took. 

No comments:

Post a Comment