Monday 24 March 2014

A scanner darkly

This is a feature length movie that was made as a movie to start with then rotoscoped afterward to create the effect that Richard Linklater wanted. At first glance I was thinking: what is the point of this? all that work to rotoscope a film thats already been made. I thought this wouldn't work especially if it was a serious film but it seems to have some comedy in it which would make it work better. This is all painted but it just looks like a transparent layer over the top. I guess that is a compliment to the artists, you can still tell who the actors are and the movement is nice and fluid, I'm just not sure it was necessary for the film. I may watch the full film and get back to you on that. It's very strange watching this style of film because it looks like a cartoon in places and in others it just looks like a film with outlines. I think you would get used to it once you started watching the film though.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_7

No comments:

Post a Comment