Monday 24 March 2014

Waltz of Bashir

Waltz of Bashir is an animated feature length movie that appears to be rotoscoped because it looks like this:
However, I googled the making of the film and I found this
'Most importantly, Folman is emphatic that the film was not rotoscoped. "I respect rotoscoping and I even like walking life, unlike my animators" he says. "But, for me, rotoscoping has a big problem in conveying emotions. You see the technique, you see the drawings, and that takes your focus. If the film had been rotoscoped, it would have been hard for the audience to get emotional with the characters."
However I disagree with this because I had to google it to see that it wasn't rotoscoped because it looks like it was. 
I don't think this will effect my animation because hopefully it will help me learn to draw emotions and I will just try to make a really good job of it. Hopefully it will work but if not then I will learn from my mistakes and never use it for emotion again. 
I think it will look better though because it is real people.







No comments:

Post a Comment