Friday 14 March 2014

Flow form and force


These are the drawings for push and pull. It was hard getting used to drawing for longer than a few seconds, we had time to put in more details. I think this was actually quite a hard task because pretending to put a force on something doesn't actually show where the weight is because if they actually put force on they would probably fall over so to make sure they didn't fall, they moved their weight. I still felt a bit rushed on these though, but I was happier with the result because they actually looked more like what they're supposed to.



This was the first of the long poses task. I enjoyed this one more because we had more time to get the details and make corrections we needed to and actually try and get them accurate. This gives you chance to work on proportions and foreshortening. That's what I found difficult. I am happy with the result of this one I feel the proportions are right, I just can't draw feet as you'll see more of soon.
This is the second drawing, I found it harder to get the foreshortening right here and her head is too big for her body but I think the body is actually quite accurate apart from her feet. They are FAR too small and this makes her proportions look even worse.
I am quite pleased with this drawing, I feel the proportions are much better and even the feet are a little better! I didn't put much face in this one as I thought I might ruin it and I couldn't see it very well anyway. I like the way I shaped her legs and it actually looks like her weight is in the chair. 

I am also quite pleased with this drawing as it actually looks like Anna and the proportions look good I think this task has really helped my life drawing skills. 
I think I would like to do more but maybe have even more time on it and use a range of different pencils and get lots of darks and lights in there but I didn't really have time to go into great detail on these. I definitely think on this that practice makes perfect.












No comments:

Post a Comment