Monday 10 March 2014

Ceramics

Our next lesson our models were dry and it was time to do the fun part- make our character come to life! Firstly we had to stick plaster tape to the Milliput because it makes the paster-cine stick bette

Then we chose a colour of plaster-cine and just started making our models! It was fun to see everyone's characters come to life. I started off by just putting a base of plaster-cine on mine to get it going

Then I started adding features like clothes and hair

 

This was going well until I added the face. I decided I really didn't like it and
that it really wasn't in keeping with the cute childlikeness of this character. She was supposed to be 2 but she looks about 5 here which when your young is a big difference. She looks far too grown up.
So I decided to make her a bit chubbier, change the hair, get rid of the face to start again, altogether simplify her really. I like the effect this gave and I really didn't want to add more detail though I feel I should really give her a face. I started playing with her making her do cute poses and things which shows she works as a character now.



 Here she is from the other angles.


 I made her some eyes for next time out of milliput and painted them white. i poked holes in the side for pupils, this means that you will be able to move the eyes around once they are in the head. Quite clever eh?! Really looking forward to next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment