Thursday 6 March 2014

Flow form and force


 The first 4 images are for the rhythm is a dancer task in which we recorded someone moving through a space. The first one we failed a little bit, I ended up drawing a stick person I felt very rushed by the time limit and I drew over the top of each other cause I ran out of space and I just feel it was rubbish. The second 2 images are part of one sequence, I ran out of space so used another peice of paper this time. I think this style worked much better I used the edge of a peice of black chalk and used sort of triangular shapes to make the image more filled out. I think the walk on this one was more interesting and natural too. The first one was very robotic and every move was similar.


 The next one was Mike moving through a space like a gorilla. Again this ended up looking stick like maybe due to my choice of media but I think I was basically drawing the lines of the limbs. I don't like hoe my style changes on this one because sometimes he's more filled out than others. The next one was Anna and she was wearing a skirt at the time and I wanted to capture that but I think I ended up making the drawing more confusing. Again they are too much like stick men/women in their limbs but the body is becoming more filled out. The next this person is walking and gradually falls to the floor. I like how I kept this one going round the page instead of starting a new line I think this gives it a bit more fluidity. Not keen on the drawing style though.

These next drawings are the puppet on a string part. The first I decided to try and draw the movements happening over the top of each other. This worked for the first couple of drawings but after a while it began to get messy and you couldn't see what was happening anymore. I like the idea though but maybe more movement is required meaning having larger gaps between each movement. The next drawing I really like how i started off by drawing the outline of the person but I think I got rushed and forgot where to start and the angle changed and I ended up going back to a stick man for a couple of drawings and then back to how I started. I do find drawing fast really difficult.
The blue one is someone kneeling down then getting back up. I thought I'd try a colour pastel to see if that looked nice. It just made it look messy really. The rest of the drawings I can tell what's happening cause I drew them but not so much on this one.

This is one of my favourite drawings from today. Bex did some sort of yoga poses and I did more of the shape of her rather than all the limbs individually. I am really pleased with how this one turned out and I like the nice thick smooth non scratchy texture I got from using the charcoal in a much smoother way. The last picture is of someone starting off on the ground and getting up and stretching. I feel if I had used the previous technique I could have accentuated the stretch more and made it more human. 




I had fun doing these sketches but I felt under a lot of pressure with the time limit and because I was not happy with a lot of my drawings because they didn't look like much.















No comments:

Post a Comment