Thursday 9 January 2014

Animation process and production

Pre production

The next thing I went about doing was the backgrounds. I spent ages on these, I decided to draw every brick individually on my walls. When I got back to uni and saw other peoples, I realised it was easier to just give the illusion of bricks like with a couple. Oh well it's done now and it gives it a sort of soft cottagey feel. I struggled a bit with the angles and things and making it look realistic but not real. I also found it difficult to keep the style the same especially going from a village to a supermarket, they are two very different styles. I am thinking now I could have done a village shop but I like how my automatic doors open now! That was the next thing I did. I did bits to the background that would move. I just thought of making the fridge light flicker, I may give that a go later. My second background pans across so the guy doesn't move across the screen, it just look as though he's walking across. I thought this would be interesting. I did this by doing a Photoshop painting of the background that was twice as wide as it needed to be, then I used the position settings on the drop down list and set a start and an end and it now moves across. I used the same technique with the automatic doors. 

Here is an example of my backgrounds for now until I make a gif.
I like how I did the lighting here. I used a solar flare in the filter option. I didn't really know how to tackle lighting until I saw Beccy Wongs work. At first it looked really flat and dull and I had blue squiggles on my white windows. I just didn't know what to do! So I saw that Beccy was using yellows and lamps and thought this gave a lovely homely feel so I tried it and thought it just brought life to my work. Here is the before and after.


I think it looks so much better with this kind of lighting. NO BLUE SQUIGGLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment