Tuesday 14 January 2014

Progress

I have now sorted out all of my inbetweens for my walk cycle and he moves much better now. There is a strange movement at about 3 seconds which I cant decide if it adds to the watery effect or if it makes it look odd, so I'm going to leave it for now and if I have time at the end I'll do a couple of variations for it. 
Today I did 3 scenes. Now I have got the hang of this method of animating, things seem to be going a lot faster. Yesterday pointed out to me that I was doing it a strange way though. I couldn't figure out how to see the image behind the one you were editing to see where the new line needed to be so i was putting them on different layers at the same frame...I'd forgotten about onion skinning. But I actually like my method and it seems to be working for me. However I will remember it for next time!
I animated the two scenes walking in and out of the shop. I nearly started off drawing without reference again until I remembered what happened last time. I found another walk cycle image sheet that showed walks from front and back (I hadn't a clue where to start) 

These sheets are amazing and help so much! It took me less than half the time for these than it did my last one! I'm not sure if you can see my guys hair from the back or not...I'll ask Mat his opinion. I also did the buying milk scene which was done in minutes. I just did straight ahead animation on this. There was only a few moves to do. I am impressed with how I made it look like the milk carton came off the shelf. I love how I did the backgrounds first, but my character is interacting with said backgrounds! It's like I've created my own little world!
I feel much less behind now than I did at the end of last week. I feel about on track. I still need to figure out how to animate rain though. That will take some researching to find out the best method for my animation. 
Overall so far I'd say I'm quite pleased with my work. There is much more movement and animation principles in this animation than there was in my last. I also like this video timeline more than the frame timeline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment