Thursday 9 January 2014

Fantasia

This has to be the best most memorable part of fantasia. It's the only part I remembered before I watched the whole thing again. It's fascinating to think that Disney and Mickey mouse went from steam boat Willie to this fantastic piece of animation. You can visibly tell that they have used the 12 principles of animation especially exaggerate and anticipate. I love the lighting that was used when the mop split into lots of mops and barged through the door. 
I personally think this part of the film is better than all the others. I like that it has a story. I like the dinosaur part because I like dinosaurs but there wasn't much of a storyline it was almost just like they were trying to fill up the music and it got a bit boring. They are all very imaginative though which I love. 
There is also a part in there about visualising sound which we were talking about today in visual language, I actually really enjoyed this piece it was like the sound as a visual form had it's own personality. 
I also looked at how the water was done in this animation as I have water in mine, they use blue too but only the light blue for the highlights and dark transparent blue for the rest of the water. I think this works well and I may have to try it but I don't think dark transparent blue would be visible off the background and the water guy is supposed to be the centre of attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment