Thursday 16 January 2014

Drop


Today I wanted to animate where the water guy falls down the drain- the penultimate and last scene. I hadn't a clue where to start, all i knew was that I wanted to make it like he paused in the air and then dropped suddenly like the cartoons do like in Loony Toons...So I Youtubed falling Loony Toons and this is what I found. It was actually quite helpful. I realised that the body stretches to start with, then looks as though its moving down and looks like it blurs a bit- unfortunately because my guy was falling into something you cant actually see his whole body and I didn't know how to do it.


So what i tried to do was just make it look like it blurred into the drain. I did a few frames of this and played it back and it was just too slow and jittery and I wanted it to be sudden so I changed it to just one frame of him falling, leaving water droplets behind. I feel this went pretty well considering. It definitely looks like he disappeared and I think it looks like he falls because there is one frame of him half way down the drain. I just need to do the last frame of the close up of the drain with his water all over it. I also need to add the milk carton because I forgot that when I was drawing it today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment