Wednesday 1 January 2014

Spaces and Places


 The first place I drew was the town hall. I chose this because it is an interesting building in a nice location with lots of space around it. I used a variation of media including charcoal, graphite stick,pencil and fine-liner.  I like the graphite and charcoal ones best. Mike said the lines are very sketchy (that's my drawing style he didn't say we had to draw it a specific way) and that I need to use a 
 sharper pencil, which is a valid point that I will take into consideration next time.

I chose to draw my bedroom next because this would give me chance
 to relax while I draw and 
 use a much wider range of media because I have it readily available and can take as much time as I like on it. I am actually really happy with how these drawings turned out.
 I used media such as pro-
marker, pencil, watercolour, graphite stick and fine liner. I enjoyed trying to get perspectives right from different angles.


 I also chose to draw the Merrion centre because although I've been in there before it's usually just to Morrisons and I've never really paid any attention to it, just walked through. There are some interesting angles in the architecture but apart from that it's a pretty boring building with hardly any colour (hence the lack 
 of colour used and not a very 
inspirational place to draw. Not to mention the off putting people walking past you. I have to say I didn't like this project. I don't enjoy drawing in public.


No comments:

Post a Comment