Monday 10 February 2014

Mood boards

I put together some mood boards for my campaign that I thought of. Even if I end up changing my idea, these would still come in useful. I have put together images of scared children, angry men, ideas for drawing styles, expressions etc. I think this will help when it comes to story boarding as this will help with reference.

I think the facial expressions on the top left will help me get the anger in the abuser especially the mouth shape. I like the simple drawing style of the shutterstock drawing but I also like the next one down which is a bit more detailed but really nice. I have the logo on this page too because this will have to be included somewhere in my campaign. Two of the images in this set have the child in a corner, this shows they're scared and they're trying to hide. A corner feels like a safe place because nothing can get you from behind. Although if something gets you from the front, you cant run. One image is a child in despair and the other is a child getting help. The way the cord on the top image goes towards the screen is almost like your helping the child. The image in the middle is an existing campaign. This shows a shocking image with a message at the side. 

I chose the first image on this page because if a child is asking for help and is nervous and sad they would probably be looking down. Down=negative. The next picture is an idea for drawing style and colouring. This is like a watercolour style. The black and white photo is another idea for a drawing style. This is a semi realistic style which I quite like. Next we have an angry man, I thought this angle would be good because it makes you feel like the one that he's being angry at. This created a sense of empathy an make make the audience want to help because they didn't like feeling that way. On the bottom left we have more facial expressions which look like they would be very helpful. They have the expressions from a different angle and also in a cartoony but real style so might be easy to recreate in any style I wish. The bottom right image is a girl on the stairs crying into her knees. This is an image of a girl who's given up or hiding. 

The first image here was mainly about the expression and being a real child to have reference from, the same with the girl at the bottom right. The top right is a style idea. This is like you have traced a real image which is something I actually might try. We also have a man shouting on the phone, I just liked the angle of the shot I wouldn't have him on the phone. There is an image of a child on the phone because this was an idea i had and the same with the homework images, these were for reference for my first idea. There are a couple of different angles but they are both nice images.
These mood boards give me an overall sense of the charity and what they work with. I would now like to research further and find out exactly what other circumstances they work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment