Thursday 6 February 2014

Drawing sound



In this project we had to draw sound...sounds crazy. It's so difficult to draw something you can't see! We were given a list of sounds to choose from. This is the first one I did. It sort of came in quiet and built up then faded out again so i drew it getting bigger filling the page but also the colour gets more intense. Mike said that it shouldn't touch the top of the page because that means it's scratching where it makes a horrible noise and you don't hear that in this sound so he said to just be careful about my placement.
I tried a few variations on this using different colour and different media. This included felt tip, charcoal, pastels. I liked the pastels best because it faded much better.
I think I still prefer the shape I originally used.


















This next one was a gloopy squishy grosse sound so I used greeny boggy colours to represent this. I used felt tip but also a type of ink. When it dried it still looked wet which looks really cool. I placed the blobs like the pitch when it went up and down.




This sound was electrical and buzzy then there was a snap and it went back to normal. I used blue because to me that is electricity. I came up with a few different lines to start with.


This was the sound of someone frying an egg. I did it like it started in the middle and then came out and as the sound got quieter the little shapes got further apart.
Another idea I had for this is below. I put in the tapping on the side of the pan like 2 solid dots because it was a solid sound. Then there is a swoosh where the egg pours into the pan.Then lots of crackling. I think this works quite well.




No comments:

Post a Comment