Friday 7 February 2014

Drawing sound 2



This is the electrical sound again using a few different types of pens and colours. The red one i put a little star on the peek to show like a spark but I don't think that works. And the blue still is the best representation.









This one is the sound of a firework like a screamer. The pitch goes down so I made the line go down. Then there is a pop at the end. I think this definitely needs a black background to show it's a firework...although the point isn't really to show what it is! Just the sound! I like the single lines as apposed to the blue one i tried with scribbles. It describes the clean weeee sound better.



This one had two sounds on one track. There was an annoying sound and also a constant sound like someone flat lining. Though my first attempt shows them far away from each other but they aren't when you hear them.

I also thought about pitch and how the constant was higher pitched to i tried that at the top instead of bottom. Then I tried the sounds over the top of each other. I think that works best. I also tried lots of different media such as pen, Pro-marker pastels, charcoal and acrylic paint.





This sound went on for ages and was just wiggly and warbly so that's exactly what I drew. A wiggly sound. I played around with colour and size and decided smaller was better for this sound because it wasn't really loud. I'm not sure about colour but I don't think it needs to be red, for the same reason. It's not loud.






This sound was like short sharp plonks almost like drips. They had pauses in between so I put gaps in between each dot. I tried different kinds of dots in different shapes to see if they expressed the sound anymore. I think They all work so its difficult to choose!

This one was a dentist and when I was listening I could hear one sound coming from the left that was soft and one sound coming from the right that was loud, sharp and annoying. So I used soft colours and shapes on the left and spiky blacks and reds on the right that have different peaks because the pitch is different each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment