Monday 24 February 2014

Rotoscope

Playing with a new technique



I decided after the crit that rotoscoping might help me get the technique I wanted into my animation. So I had a go at drawing over a still image of a child. I think this gives a really neat and accurate representation which is what I wanted. 

At first I did just a line around it and it looks good like this but I decided to give shading a go and decided that I really liked this. 

Talking to Mat I have decided that even though this will be time consuming, I would like to try rotoscoping because it gives me the effect I want and also it's a technique I've not tried before so it will broaden my animation experience as my last 2 projects have just been drawn on photoshop.

We have decided that I would do al the frames in lines and then depending on time I could shade them all afterward.



No comments:

Post a Comment