Friday 14 February 2014

You spin my right round

 For this project I tried to find an interesting object. Everything that looked interesting was either round 
or square. That would be boring, unchallenging and wouldn't help me get better at foreshortening. 


So I thought it would be fun to draw my mouse that looks like a car...wrong. I can't draw cars. And this one isn't even the right shape so it just went wrong.




My next most interesting object was my quivering bloke. I thought this would help me get better at the human proportions, drawing from different angles and foreshortening which will definitely help me in later animations. 
 To start off with I drew out some lines on the correct angles of what I needed to draw, drew a little line on the base of the figure to line it up with then placed the figure in the centre. 
Next, I started drawing my figure onto animation paper. This would help make sure that the bits that stay central actually stay in the same position so that when I scanned it in it wouldn't move about across the page and it was the correct size. I could also get a sense of how this would move and if it looks like it's spinning by flipping the pages.
 This is my finished animation. What I have learnt from this is that the first thing I do before I start drawing, is to draw a 16:9 box so that when I put it into an animation it will be the correct size. Over all I am pleased with my work. I am happy with the quality of drawing and I think I did pretty well at foreshortening. I quite enjoyed this task and love my end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment